LiveCode is a rapid development tool. It is cross-platform (Mac, Windows) and uses an easy to learn scripting language called LiveCode, which provides programmers' power to scripters. Applications can be built for desktop systems, iOS and Android mobile devices, browsers and servers.
LiveCode can be used for any scale of project: for example single use text processing utilities, complex applications, prototyping, and can be learnt by professionals, hobbyists or beginners.
While I am no longer actively involved in the LiveCode community, my sample stacks remain freely available.
These stacks are supplied as-is and any use is at your own risk.
Some of the stacks are also usable online as a revlet, if you have the RevWeb plugin installed.
Click any 'Revlet' link to see the stack or to see a download link for the plugin.
If you include any of these stacks or code in an application, please credit Sarah Reichelt, TrozWare.
- A tutorial stack about XML and how to use the Rev XML commands.
Plus an XML construction kit stack.
- Category: Tutorial Last Updated: Sat, Jun 26, 2010
- Stack to give version information about the RunRev. Really designed for use as a revlet, so you can check which version is running.
- Category: Utility Last Updated: Sun, Dec 27, 2009
- With Snow Leopard, double-clicking on a stack file when Revolution is already running will report a stack corruption error and not open the stack. This plugin provides a workaround, with a small window that opens in Rev that you can drag stacks on to it to have them open, instead of having to use "Open Stack...".
- Category: Plugin Last Updated: Tue, Oct 20, 2009
- This utility helps create links for inserting into a web page: links to other pages or sites and links to images. In each case, the link is shown as a straight HTML link and as a line of Revolution script for use in stacks or irev files.
Septemeber 2009: bug fix for image sizes not re-calculating. Data validation for image sizes.
- Category: Utility Last Updated: Sun, Sep 20, 2009
- A plugin to make a basic set of geometry handlers for resizing and moving objects.
- Category: Plugin Last Updated: Mon, Sep 14, 2009
If you find any of these stacks or script examples useful, please consider making a PayPal contribution.